Norman SKU: 810653 | Helix SKU: NR810653
Compact and powerful, these systems can handle everything from the most demanding studio assignments to high volume portrait and school photography.
These versatile systems combine Norman durability with the versatility of today's advanced electronics. The controls on Norman 400 and 600 watt-second Monolights allow power adjustments in either watt-seconds or f/stops from full power. A digital readout displays accurate, repeatable settings through a five f/stop range in 1/10-stop increments.
- Compact size and weight
-Compatible with over 100 Norman accessories and light modifiers including softboxes, reflectors, grids, snoots and barn doors
- Fast, two second recycle time at full power
- Accepts Photogenic® Reflectors
- Optional software for complete control from your PC
- High-intensity modeling lamp with full, ratio and off settings
- Built-in cooling fan and over temperature protection
- Auto discharge for lower settings and power off
- Photo eye, 1/4" sync jack and optional PocketWizard™ Radio Receiver
- Lockable setting option prevents pre-established values from being changed
- Umbrella stand adapter, compatible with 3/8 through 5/8 stand posts
- Full two year limited parts and labor warranty from date of purchase
- Independent safety approvals including ETL, CETL and FCC
Norman Monolights are also available with built-in PocketWizard™ radio receivers. This unique feature allows the use of multiple lights in the studio or on location without the hassle of sync cords, and it eliminates the risk of inadvertent tripping of your lights from other strobes in the area. The built-in PocketWizard™ receiver can be set to operate from any channel selected on a compatible PocketWizard™ transmitter.
Having the PocketWizard™ receiver built into the ML400R and ML600R eliminates the need to carry and keep track of a separate receiver module and compatible cable. Best of all, the built-in unit is powered directly from the monolight, eliminating the need for batteries.
- Modeling Lamp
- 7-inch Umbrella Reflector
- Protective Flashtube Cover
- 15' Power Cord
- Sync Cord
- R9113 Adapter Ring for use with
standard Norman Light Modifiers
|Power Control||Full to -5 f/stops|
|Recycle Time at Full Power||2 seconds|
|Flash Duration||1/1200 second (full)|
|Guide Number*||135 @10', ISO 100, bare bulb|
|Modeling Lamp||250 W|
|Modeling Lamp Control||Off, ratio and full|
|Flashtube||Quartz, full envelope|
|Sync Trigger||Photo-eye, 1/4" sync jack|
|Optional Sync Trigger||Built-in PocketWizard™|
|Supply Voltage||105-125 VAC, 60HZ, ML400/ML600R
195-240 VAC, 50-60Hz, ML400-220/ML600R-220
|Voltage Stabilization||+/- 1%|
|Overload Protection||10A circuit breaker|
|Dimensions||5" W, 5" H, 8.5" D|
*The guide number stated was determined by measuring the bare bulb at 10 feet using ISO 100.
See individual reflectors in this catalog for guide numbers using specific light modifiers at various power settings.